In addition to The Healthy Teen Project, Kira works as a therapist at Community Health Awareness Council, both in the counseling center and in a local middle school. Her approach is creative and client-centered, integrating Solution-focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). She conceptualizes the eating disorder through a bio-psycho-social model in order to treat the whole individual and address both internal and external systems. By attending to the underlying causes and function of the eating disorder, developing healthier coping strategies, and strengthening one’s core sense of self, she believes full recovery is possible.
Kira additionally participates in local advocacy and education events, has been a guest speaker on CreaTV and KBAY 94.5, and has had her writing featured in recovery blogs and newsletters such as Eating Disorder Hope and Recovery Warriors.
Kira is a member of the following organizations:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IADEP), Bay Area Chapter Board Chair
- Eating Disorder Recovery Support (EDRS), Former Board Committee Member
- Dancing with ED, Board Member